Monday, August 30, 2010

Who are you?

My name is Jason. just to let you guys know some things about me and get this rolling. I am 32 years old, father of 4 children, husband to a beautiful wife, a registered nurse, and lastly a graduate student. Like many people in the united States I was very active through my teenage years playing sports and being able to eat whatever I wanted. Well in my early 20's I started school full time and was working out less, and that is when the weight started packing on. As many people, I have tried many different diets and gimmicks. Adkins, Southbeach, Optifast, along with many other diets that have all ended in failure.

So here I sit trying to figure out what I want to do about my weight. Over the years I have always been into lifting weights and wanting to be as strong as possible. But I have always loved the outdoors and have been active. I hike, backpack, mountain bike, and I have rock climbed. But my goal here is to lose weight and to get into running ultramarathons. Til another time.

No comments: